Café ManagerSalary: $25,000/year + Tips
Send resumes/references to email@example.com.
Felius is looking for a passionate, businesses-minded, enthusiastic cat lover to run our flagship café operations! As Felius is a new and unique business to Omaha, we are looking for someone who exudes our mission and passion for cat rescue on a daily basis. We need someone who has ‘cat-like’ reflexes and is able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. Also, experience working in a café or with cats is a HUGE plus. Sound like you? Please read on…
The Café Manager is responsible for managing day-to-day café operations and ensuring the well-being of all cats within our care. Additionally, they will maintain high store standards and health conditions, creating a positive experience for cats, employees, and customers. The Café Manager sets the tone and personality of the café by being an advocate of training, customer service, product and cat rescue knowledge and education, encouraging safe work practices, and demonstrating commitment to our Code of Ethics and Company Values.
- Oversee and manage all day-to-day café operations.
- Manage employee schedule and communicate shift expectations.
- Coordinate all volunteers and scheduled volunteer hours.
- Ensure the café is kept to a high-level of cleanliness in compliance with health code.
- Ensure profitability of the store by growing sales and controlling costs of goods, services, labor, supplies and expenses.
- Oversee all cash and perform all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures.
- Facilitate training for new and existing employees and volunteers.
- Ensure all team members provide customers with efficient, friendly, superior service on a consistent basis.
- Ensure that all drink recipes and procedures are followed, maintaining the highest quality and consistent product standards.
- Educate team members on our products and services, by developing an understanding of our various types of coffee, tea products, blends and roasts.
When It Comes To Cats:
- Ensure all cats on our premises are treated with the highest standards and are thriving in the café environment.
- Supervise the feeding and litter box cleaning schedules and ensure all cats have access to fresh water.
- Know the signs of cat illness and how to react if the cat needs urgent medical care.
- Be able to provide plenty of cat snuggles.
- Prior experience in managing a café or retail operation is highly recommended.
- Prior experience in customer service highly preferred.
- Prior experience in cat care is highly recommended.
- Proficient on a computer and current POS systems; familiar with software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Familiar with Quickbooks and experience with closing and opening financial duties.
- Must be able to work some weekends, evenings and special events as needed.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask.
- Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities.
- This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs and frequently bend and twist from the waist.
- Must be comfortable being around cats during all working hours.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.