Join our Team
Want to work for a cause that you love? Felius Cat Café & Rescue is hiring for two positions. See below and apply today!
Cat Care Coordinator Description
- ~15-25 hours per week. Must have part-time availability on Mondays.
- Available for rare on-call in emergencies.
- Ensure the health and well-being of all cats in the café (no more than 10 at any given time).
- Provide medication to café cats as needed or coordinate administration with staff.
- Perform a weekly deep clean of the cat playroom and cat rest area (Mondays).
- Provide or arrange transport to vetting appointments if needed, in partnership with Rescue Coordinator.
- Oversee cat intake into the café, as directed by Rescue Coordinator.
- Create adoption folders for all cats entering the café.
- Oversee adoption process to ensure it is being followed by café staff.
- Previously worked with cats in a shelter or rescue capacity.
- Know how to administer vet-prescribed medication to cats.
- Familiar with cat behavior and warning signs of illness.
- Reliable, communicative, and self-starting.
- Can be available on-call (in emergency situations).
- Must have reliable transportation.
Barista Job Description
Pay: $9.00/hr + Tips
- ~5-15 hours per week
- Must have availability on Sundays.
- Sell and serve products to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Safely handle all hot and cold drinks during drink preparation.
- Verbally receive and call-back customer orders in a friendly manner.
- Ensure all patrons entering the cat play area have signed a waiver.
- Be able to speak to patrons about our adoptable cats.
- Respond proactively to prevent customer service situations.
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answer telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including but not limited to giving store greeting, directions to store location, receiving customer reservations.
- Answer customer questions regarding our adoptable cats, coffee blends, preparation, etc., in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Weigh, grind, and pack coffee per customers’ orders according to company guidelines.
- Follow all company drink recipes and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, well-merchandised store.
- Maintain efficient, friendly service standards.
- Perpetuate company philosophy and culture.
- Maintain a high level of motivation to ensure quality and consistent product.
- Feed cats and clean cat play area before and after Barista shifts.
- MUST be available to work Sundays.
- Prior experience as a barista required.
- Register and cash handling experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal skills.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Regularly required to lift and / or move items up to 30 pounds.
- Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages.
- Must be comfortable being around cats during all working hours.
Felius is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.