Volunteering Saves Lives
Felius Cat Café’s Mission Statement
Revolutionize Omaha’s cat adoption experience through interaction, education, and community while putting animal welfare first.
- Adopt at least 100 cats per year and contribute to lower euthanasia rates.
- Provide the most comfortable out-of-shelter adoption experience for rescue cats.
- Create a trap-neuter-release program that engages the community and spays/neuters 200 cats per year.
- Create a network of foster homes for rescue cats in need.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must be able to commit a minimum of 8 hours per month.
- Must commit to a minimum of 6 months.
- Must attend volunteer orientation training session.
- All volunteers are required to sign a liability release waiver.
- Complete our online application here.
- Felius will review all submitted applications. When appropriate, a Felius representative will reach out to schedule an in-person meeting.
- Cat Feeding & Monitoring: We need volunteers to hang in our cat play area and ensure that patrons are interacting responsibly with our adoptable animals. Additionally, we can always use help with feeding and scooping litter boxes.
- Fostering: We always need help fostering cats and kittens who are not yet old enough (or the right fit) to be in our cafe. If you are interested. Please complete this foster application.
- TNR/Community Cat Colony Caretakers & Advocates: As part of our goals, we are looking for at least 20 volunteers interested in becoming a Community Cat Colony Care taker and assisting with our TNR program efforts. Training will be provided.
- Fundraising: As a nonprofit, fundraising is how we are able to continue operating and execute our mission. If you have fundraising experience and don’t mind making cold- calls, this is the volunteer position for you!
- Event Planning & Staffing: Felius will host several fundraising and fun events throughout the year. We need amazing volunteers to help concept, plan, and staff these events.
- Photography & Design Services: Are you an amazing designer or photographer who loves cats? We are always looking for partners to help promote our mission.
Do you have a unique skill or focus area that is not listed? Please reach out and we will be happy to chat about how you can help!
For more information on volunteer opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Felius Cat Café is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.