- 0-6 months: $200
- 7-12 months: $125
- 1-6 years: $100
- 7+ years: $75
Adopt two or more cats at the same time and receive 10% off all adoption fees!
Kittens will not be available for adoption until they are at least 12-weeks-old and fully vetted. We will not answer questions about, discuss, or accept applications on specific kittens (even if they appear on our social media) until they are available for adoption. If you are interested in adopting a kitten but one is not currently available, you can submit an adoption application and select “Undecided” under the cat list. Once your application is approved, we will place your name on a waitlist and notify you when we have kittens available for adoption. Adopters will be considered in the order they are approved and we will not reserve specific kittens for adopters.
At Felius, you can be sure your newest family member comes spayed/neutered, vaccinated (shots based on age), FELV/FIV tested (when age appropriate), dewormed, and microchipped. We do not declaw our cats or advocate for declawing.
*NOTE: Submitting an application is not a guarantee that you will be approved for adoption. Felius Rescue requires reference verification and a home visit prior to all applications being approved.*
Felius Rescue’s goal is to find well-qualified homes for homeless pets. Matching a potential owner to a pet is determined by wants, care capabilities, and the potential pet’s requirements to ensure a healthy and happy life. To make certain that we’ve helped to make a good match, we adhere to the following adoption procedures:
Before adopting a pet from Felius Rescue, you must complete an adoption application which will provide information about your lifestyle and where the pet will be living. Prior to the approval, homes/property require an inspection. This is for the protection and safety of both the animal and the local community in which it will live. Please be aware that NO HOLDS can be placed on an animal until you have filled out an application and have been approved to adopt.
Please be aware that if for any reason you can no longer care for the animal, you are required by the adoption contract to return it to the Felius Rescue so we can place it in a new home.
We have the right to refuse any adoption we do not feel is in the best interest of the animal. Individuals who want to adopt must be at least 19 years of age, as they are required to sign an adoption contract.
Consultation & Pet Selection
A Felius Rescue representative will review your application and then review the cost and responsibilities of pet ownership with you. If you selected a cat and your application has been approved, we will proceed with an adoption contract. If, for some reason, your application is not approved, the adoption will be refused. Felius Rescue has the right to refuse an adoption for any reason.
The contract you sign is a legal agreement between you and Felius Rescue. Take time to read the contract before signing. It states the conditions you agree to provide your pet. If at any time in the future you can no longer keep the pet, you are required to return it to Felius Rescue.
What are our adoptee vetting standards?
- Calling vet and confirming other pets are up-to-date on shots.
- Calling vet and confirming number of other pets in the household.
- Home visit conducted by a Felius Rescue representative.
- Contacting of personal references supplied in adoption application.
- Confirming applicant is NOT on the Nebraska “do not adopt list”.
If you are a renter, you are required to have written approval from your landlord or a copy of your lease stating that you are permitted to house a pet on your rented property. Felius Rescue may also contact your landlord directly for approval.
When you adopt from us, we will provide you with helpful adoption literature as well as any additional assistance we can provide to make your adoption a success. We want your adoption experience to be a happy one. Felius Rescue recommends the following be considered to ensure a happy relationship with your pet.
- Veterinary Examination: Within the first seven days after adoption, your new pet must be seen by your vet to ensure good health and to continue routine health care. Felius Rescue will provide all available medical history with your final adoption paperwork. Make sure you present this paperwork to your veterinarian at the time of examination. You will be responsible for all vet care once your pet leaves Felius Rescue.
- Rabies Vaccination: Veterinary proof of current rabies vaccination is required to license all cats and dogs.
- Pet Identification: All cats adopted through Felius Rescue will come with a pre-implanted microchip. You will need to register this microchip online.
- In the event you can no longer care for or keep the pet that you adopted, you must bring your pet back to Felius Rescue. If you feel you have found a suitable home for the pet, the person interested in your pet must visit the café and sign an adoption contract with us. This requirement protects your pet by ensuring the new owner will provide a responsible home. If you breach this requirement, you will be prohibited from adopting from Felius Rescue in the future.