Adoption Application & Policies
- 0-6 months: $200
- 7-12 months: $125
- 1-6 years: $100
- 7+ years: $75
Adopt two or more cats at the same time and receive 10% off all adoption fees!
At Felius Rescue, you can be sure your newest family member comes spayed/neutered, vaccinated (shots based on age), FELV/FIV tested (when age appropriate), dewormed, and microchipped. We do not declaw our cats or advocate for declawing.
Upon submitting your application, Felius Rescue Coordinator will FIRST contact your landlord, vet, and references. Our Rescue Coordinator will be in touch with you directly once these requirements are verified.
Important notes regarding the application and review process:
- Submitting an adoption application does NOT guarantee that the cat(s) you selected will be available when/if your application is approved. We operate on a first-come-first-served basis and cannot hold cats until you are officially approved.
- Please work with your rescue coordinator to schedule all specific cat meet-and-greets once your application is approved. We cannot guarantee that the specific cat(s) you selected will physically be in the café at the time you submit your application.
- All applications MUST first be approved prior to guaranteeing that a specific cat can be adopted. Approval criteria is detailed below.
- All renters are required to supply proof that pets are allowed on the rental property.
Adoptee Approval Criteria
In order to be approved to adopt from Felius Rescue, our team will:
- Confirm applicant is at least 19 years old, as an adoption contract is required to be signed if approved.
- Call your vet and confirm other pets are up-to-date on shots.
- Call your vet and confirm the number of other pets in the household.
- Conduct a home visit to ensure a safe environment or our rescue cats (can be virtual).
- Contact personal references supplied in the adoption application.
- Confirm the applicant is NOT on the Nebraska “do not adopt list”.
- Confirm renters provide written approval from their landlord or a copy of their lease agreement stating that they are permitted to house a pet on the premises. Felius Rescue may also contact the landlord directly for approval.
We have the right to refuse any adoption we do not feel is in the best interest of the animal(s).
If approved to adopt, the adopter is required to sign an adoption contract. This is a legal agreement between you and Felius Rescue. Take time to read the contract before signing. It states the conditions you agree to provide your pet. If at any time in the future you can no longer keep the pet, you are required to return it to Felius Rescue.
Kittens will not be available for adoption until they are at least 12-weeks-old and fully vetted. We will not answer questions about, discuss, or accept applications on specific kittens (even if they appear on our social media) until they are available for adoption. If you are interested in adopting a kitten but one is not currently available, you can submit an adoption application and select “Undecided” under the cat list. Once your application is approved, we will place your name on a waitlist and notify you when we have kittens available for adoption. Adopters will be considered in the order they are approved and we will not reserve specific kittens for adopters.
Bringing Your Cat(s) Home
When you adopt from us, we want your adoption experience to be a happy one. Felius Rescue recommends the following be considered to ensure a happy relationship with your pet.
- Veterinary Examination: Within the first seven days after adoption, your new pet must be seen by your vet to ensure good health and to continue routine health care. Felius Rescue will provide all available medical history with your final adoption paperwork. Make sure you present this paperwork to your veterinarian at the time of examination. You will be responsible for all vet care once your pet leaves Felius Rescue.
- Rabies Vaccination: Veterinary proof of current rabies vaccination is required to license all cats and dogs.
- Pet Identification: All cats adopted through Felius Rescue will come with a pre-implanted microchip. You will need to register this microchip online.
In the event you can no longer care for or keep the pet that you adopted, you must bring your pet back to Felius Rescue. If you feel you have found a suitable home for the pet, the person interested in your pet must visit the café and sign an adoption contract with us. This requirement protects your pet by ensuring the new owner will provide a responsible home. If you breach this requirement, you will be prohibited from adopting from Felius Rescue in the future.